2 1/2 cup
1, split, seeds scraped out (optional)
for serving (optional)
How to make Festive Vanilla Pudding
2 h 25 m
2 h 40 m
- Combine granulated sugar, kosher salt, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Carefully add milk. Whisk to combine. Whisking, bring to a boil over medium.
- In a heatproof bowl, beat egg yolks until frothy. Carefully, add 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture. Whisk. Whisking, pour into the saucepan slowly.
- Whisk over medium heat, until it reaches a pudding-like consistency. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter, vanilla seeds, and extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Place a plastic wrap on the surface of the mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream if desired.