A nourishing vegetarian lasagna for both amateur and skilled chefs!
2, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
1 (28 oz.) can
1 (6 oz.) can
1 tsp., dried
1 tsp., dried
1 tbsp + 1 tsp.
Ground black pepper
1 cup, chopped
1 cup, shredded
1 (15 oz.) container
½ cup, freshly grated
1 cup, shredded
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons salt on both sides. Put the slices in a large baking dish and layer them with paper towels between each layer. Put a smaller baking dish on top of the slices and weight it down with several heavy cans. Let it sit for at least an hour or until the towels get moist. Rinse the slices with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of canola oil in the skillet. Cook eggplant slices until slightly brown, about 5 minutes each side. Put cooked eggplant aside.
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a separate bowl. Put aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in frozen spinach and carrots and cook the mixture is dry, 5 to 8 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- Combine ricotta cheese, eggs, Romano cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. Add the cooled spinach and carrot mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C/ Gas Mark 4. Start assembling lasagna by pouring a thin layer of tomato sauce into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Put half of the eggplant slices on top of the sauce. Spread half of the cheese mixture on top of the eggplant layer. Pour another layer of tomato sauce, and then add one more layer of eggplant slices and the cheese mixture. Finish with a layer of tomato sauce. Spread mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
These Greek-style chicken burgers surprise with a feta cheese filling.
Spicy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, and barbe
Grilled Lemon Herb Pork Chops
These are SO SIMPLE, yet so good - they taste just like steak! The cho
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Breakfast ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these delicious crescent shape sa
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving an
Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
Orzo Salad with Feta and Tomato
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill
Baked Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Fennel
This is a deliciously sweet and spicy baked rigatoni recipe that I whi
Fantastic Halibut with Rice Wine
This is a great way to prepare halibut, cod, sea bass, or salmon. Ser
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Spinach Pomegranate Salad with Feta
A very quick and nutritious salad made with pomegranate seeds and feta
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
If you love cheese and love potatoes you'll adore this delicious recip
Zucchini Bread with Blueberry
Blueberries and zucchini baked up into delicious little summertime bre
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
Here's a scrumptious recipe that combines a blonde brownie and cheesec
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Strawberries
Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. T
Easy Slow Cooker Egg Casserole
Great recipe for our Thanksgiving brunch. It smelled so wonderful to w
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mus
Absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may have heard this story...a woman asks to buy a cookie recipe an
You might also like
Rate & Review