Main dish: Almond-Crusted Halibut Crystal Symphony
Dry white wine
2 tbsp, minced
1 bay leaf
10 tbsp, chilled and cut into tablespoon-size pieces
3 tbsp, chopped
2/3 cup, blanched and minced
1 tbsp, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
- To prepare beurre blanc combine wine, vinegar, shallots, thyme and bay leaf and cook over medium heat in a saucepan until the liquid is evaporated. Add cream and boil until liquid is evaporated by half. Reduce heat to low. Add butter pieces one by one after the previous piece is completely melted. The sauce shouldn’t simmer. Simmering may separate the ingredients.
- Use a fine sieve to strain the sauce through and pour it into a heatproof bowl. Mix in chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Place the bowl into a larger dish with hot water to keep the sauce warm.
- Turn on your broiler to preheat oven. Dry halibut fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Saute fillets for about 3 minutes on each side. They should become lightly brown and cooked through. Put the fillets on a baking sheet and let cool for 5 minutes. Combine bread crumbs, almonds and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl. Cover fillets with beaten egg and spread the almond mixture on top.
- Broil fillet for up to 2 minutes or until they start getting brown. Remove the fillets from the oven and spread beurre blanc around it.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.