Impress your guests with this elegant and sublime Baked Seafood Au Gratin with creamy sauce!
Green bell pepper, chopped
All-purpose flour, divided
Fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Distilled white vinegar
Ground black pepper
Hot pepper sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion and the pepper until soft in 1/2 cup of butter over high heat. Add 1/2 cup of the flour, and fry over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add crabmeat and remove from heat.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add the shrimp, scallops, and flounder, and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain from water, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Set the Dutch oven with the seafood aside.
- Place the remaining 1/2 in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Add the remaining 1/2 cup flour. Cook and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk and 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened. Add the shredded Cheddar cheese, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce and stir. Add the cooked seafood and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Place crabmeat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, slightly pressing. Spoon the seafood mixture over the crabmeat. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust on top is golden brown.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.