This traditional tender beef bourguignon recipe in red wine sauce is deliciously simple and will become a perfect alternative to long familiar casserole meals.
Ground black pepper
2 lbs., cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 clove, minced
1 bay leaf
3 tbsp., chopped
1 (6 oz.) can
1 (16 oz.) can
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and coat the beef with the mixture.
- Place butter in a large skillet and melt it over a medium-high heat.
- Add meat to butter and cook until brown on all sides.
- Prepare a 2-quart casserole dish and pour the beef mixture in it.
- Put the skillet to the heat again and add onion, carrots, and garlic. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add wine, bay leaf, parsley, and the mushroom liquid.
- Pour the mixture over meat and toss to coat.
- Bake covered for 2.5 hours, then remove cover, add onions and mushroom crowns, and bake for another half an hour.
You might also like
Rate & Review