Healthy: Boston Baked Beans
onion, finely diced
ground black pepper
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
- In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.
Fruit Salsa and Tortilla Chips
Easy to make, tasty fruit salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips. Great as
Quick Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
This is a quick light meal. Wilted spinach, bacon and tomatoes are tos
Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These are so tasty your family won't believe they are eating healthy!
You might also like
Rate & Review