It will be impossible not to go full “mmm!” with these Crispy Top Macaroni!
Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Take a large pot and fill it with water. Salt the water and heat it to its boiling point. Place the elbow macaroni into the boiling water. Stirring occasionally, cook the macaroni for about 7 minutes. They should be slightly firm.
- In a large frying pan, melt ¼ cup butter. When the butter is melted, add flour. Stir. Cook over medium for 3 minutes until flour turns yellow. Add cayenne pepper, thyme, and white pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Then add 1 cup of milk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining milk and whisk. Simmer.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ground nutmeg, and salt. Whisking, simmer for about 8 minutes on medium-low until it gets thicker. Turn heat off. Add 2 ¼ cups of Cheddar cheese. Mix with a spoon until the cheese is melted. After that, add mustard. Stir.
- Place the macaroni into a casserole pan. Add the cheese mixture. Stir until combined.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on macaroni. After that, toss the remaining amount of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the topping turns golden brown.
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket
Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks
Divine Scallops in Wine Sauce
This is a fabulous and easy wine and butter sauce for seafood and vege
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin
This main dish is beautiful in its presentation and always comes out t
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
Caramelized onions give the flavor to these easy to make pork chops -
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
A beautiful two pan entree that'll please anyone who likes Italian sau
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Coconut Macaroons
This recipe has won many 1st place ribbons at my state fair. They are
Baked Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Fennel
This is a deliciously sweet and spicy baked rigatoni recipe that I whi
Fall Pork Roast with Sauerkraut
This is the traditional New Year's Day meal I learned from my husband,
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
I had never tried Brussels sprouts before I tasted this recipe, and im
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
You might also like
Rate & Review