This soup variety is definitely much better that the canned one and can be cooked any day!
4, thinly sliced
3 cloves, chopped
1 tsp., chopped
Fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp., chopped
- Slice mushroom caps thinly, discard the stalks.
- Prepare a pan with the thick bottom, melt butter in it, and add onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is golden.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and white pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms become softer.
- Add flour and cook for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and add vegetable broth, stirring.
- Return the mixture to the heat and bring it to the boil again, stirring. Reduce the hat and let it simmer for 2 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the light cream and whisk well. Reheat the mixture gently but don’t allow it to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with thyme leaves and chives.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long,
Seared Halibut with Caper Sauce
This is a very easy seared halibut with a buttery wine and caper sauce
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving an
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This is an easy variation of a favorite. I used to prepare it the trad
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Strawberries
Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. T
Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin
This main dish is beautiful in its presentation and always comes out t
Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Soup
Although this is not a typical traditional holiday recipe, it has beco
Slow Cooker Vegan Corn Chowder
This is a vegan and zingy version of a classic recipe that cooks up wo
Asparagus and Mushroom Puff Pastry Pie
A delicious pie with asparagus, mushrooms, garlic and hollandaise sauc
Easy Slow Cooker Egg Casserole
Great recipe for our Thanksgiving brunch. It smelled so wonderful to w
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Sweet and Spicy Soup with Black-Eyed Peas and Sweet Potato
Contrasting the flavors of sweet (roasted red bell pepper and sweet po
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
The Easiest Chicken Salad Ever
This is the best chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it is so
Spicy Roasted Vegetable Medley
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is si
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mus
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Simple Avocado and Cucumber Salad
Enjoy this salad made with thinly sliced cucumber, dill, avocado, and
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
You might also like
Rate & Review