Breakfast: Fresh Strawberry Scones
ripe strawberries - cleaned, hulled and diced
cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place diced strawberries on paper towels to absorb liquid. Combine the cream with the vanilla extract in a small pitcher, and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl. Cut the cold butter into chunks and add to the flour mixture. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Stir in strawberries, and gently toss ingredients. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture; pour cream mixture into the hole. Quickly stir dough together until just blended. Allow dough to rest 2 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; and knead until smooth and satiny, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and pat into an 8-inch round. Use a serrated knife to cut the round into 8 wedge-shaped pieces. Separate wedges on the baking sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch space between each.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are light brown and crusty, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool 20 minutes before serving.
Sunday Morning Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
I love lemon poppy seed muffins and who doesn't love pancakes? So I br
You might also like