This unbelievably tasty Chinese-style fried chicken in a spicy sauce is about to become your favorite thing to cook at home!
Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 ½ lb.
Green onion, chopped
Chili pepper, dried
- Take 4 cups of vegetable oil and heat them up in a saucepan to 375°F/190°C.
- Take a mixing bowl and beat the egg in it. Cut chicken thighs into ½ inch cubes and add the cubes. Add salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, and white pepper. Mix well. Add 1 cup of cornstarch. The chicken cubes should be well coated.
- Drop the cubes into the oil one by one, in little groups. Cook them until they start floating and change their color to brown. That will take you about 3 minutes. Remove them from the oil, then add the next group of cubes. Once all the groups are fried, fry them all again, starting with the very first group. Fry them about 2 minutes, then transfer them to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil up in a frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, chili peppers, zest, onion; cook for about a minute. After that time, chili peppers will turn brighter and garlic will turn golden brown. Then add ginger, chicken broth, vinegar, ½ cup white sugar, soy sauce, peanut oil, and sesame oil. Heat it up to its boiling point. Cook for 3 minutes more while it’s boiling.
- Add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into the water, then add the mixture into the boiling sauce. Mix well. Let it boil until the sauce turns thicker. It will take you about a minute. Add the chicken into the boiling sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cook for several minutes more letting the chicken absorb some amount of the hot sauce.
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
You might also like
Rate & Review