Dutch baby or German apple pancake is cooked in the oven which makes it healthier than other pancake varieties!
½ cup, unbleached
2 tbsp., melted
½ cup, divided
1, large, peeled, cored, sliced
- Blend the eggs and the next four ingredients (from flour to salt) in a large bowl. Gradually pour in milk stirring continuously. Add the next three ingredients (from vanilla to nutmeg) and let the batter stand for half an hour to overnight.
- Heat the oven to 425° F/220° C/Gas Mark 7.
- Prepare a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, add butter, and melt it brushing it up on the sides of the skillet.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ½ tsp. nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the butter.
- Place apple slices in the pan in one layer and sprinkle another ¼ cup sugar over them.
- Heat the skillet over a medium-high heat until the mixture starts to bubble and pour the batter over the apples gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5 and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Place the pancake on the serving platter and cut into wedges.
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Coconut Macaroons
This recipe has won many 1st place ribbons at my state fair. They are
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Zucchini Bread with Blueberry
Blueberries and zucchini baked up into delicious little summertime bre
Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I
Quick No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies were always served for school lunch. I got the recipe a
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
Wild Blueberry Sauce with Citrus Juice
Made with wild blueberries, this sauce adds a zing with lemon juice, o
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was
French Toast with Pumpkin Puree
A delicious holiday breakfast. It's a wonderful spin on traditional f
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Breakfast ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these delicious crescent shape sa
6-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding
This pudding whips up in no time in your microwave... great for when y
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may have heard this story...a woman asks to buy a cookie recipe an
Easy Slow Cooker Egg Casserole
Great recipe for our Thanksgiving brunch. It smelled so wonderful to w
Slow Cooker Apple Cider with Citrus Fruit
A great warm beverage to serve on a cool autumn evening. Garnish each
You might also like
Rate & Review