Pasta: Italian Lasagna
part-skim ricotta cheese
chopped fresh parsley
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown bacon and onion in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in fennel seed, 1 teaspoon oregano, Italian seasoning, and tomato sauce. Cover, and simmer on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until thick.
- Brown sausage links in a large skillet. Drain on paper towels. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg, milk, parsley, and 1 teaspoon oregano in a medium bowl.
- Layer 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Layer with 1/3 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 sausage pieces, 1/3 mozzarella, and 1/2 provolone cheese. Top with 1/3 sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/3 noodles. Spread remaining sauce over the top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours.
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Allie's Delicious Macaroni and Cheese
I took my grandmother's basic, but delicious, recipe and improved it.
You might also like
Rate & Review