This stuffed acorn squash is filled with flavor and character. Moroccan-style spices, vegetables, and brown sugar make it even more delicious.
2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
2 cloves, chopped
2 stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup, drained
1 ½ tbsp.
Freshly ground black pepper
14 oz. (1 can)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place squash halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let sit in the oven for 30 minutes or more, until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar with melted butter till dissolved. Brush the insides of the squash with the buttery mixture, wrap in foil till it’s time to serve.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the stuffing: cook garlic, carrots, and celery in a skillet in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans and raisins, stir to combine. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper, stir again and let cook, stirring occasionally, till all the veggies are tender.
- Add couscous to the skillet and top with warmed vegetable broth. Cover with a lid, turn off heat, and let sit for 5 minutes for the couscous to absorb the broth. Mix well.
- Stuff acorn squash halves with the stuffing and serve.
- If there is any leftover stuffing, you can refrigerate it and use as a side dish for your next days’ dinner – it is delicious on its own.
- You can also cook a non-vegetaran version of the recipe with chicken broth.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.