This stuffed acorn squash is filled with flavor and character. Moroccan-style spices, vegetables, and brown sugar make it even more delicious.
2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
2 cloves, chopped
2 stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup, drained
1 ½ tbsp.
Freshly ground black pepper
14 oz. (1 can)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place squash halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let sit in the oven for 30 minutes or more, until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar with melted butter till dissolved. Brush the insides of the squash with the buttery mixture, wrap in foil till it’s time to serve.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the stuffing: cook garlic, carrots, and celery in a skillet in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans and raisins, stir to combine. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper, stir again and let cook, stirring occasionally, till all the veggies are tender.
- Add couscous to the skillet and top with warmed vegetable broth. Cover with a lid, turn off heat, and let sit for 5 minutes for the couscous to absorb the broth. Mix well.
- Stuff acorn squash halves with the stuffing and serve.
- If there is any leftover stuffing, you can refrigerate it and use as a side dish for your next days’ dinner – it is delicious on its own.
- You can also cook a non-vegetaran version of the recipe with chicken broth.
Dijon Chicken Salad with Grapes
This chicken salad is wonderful and easy to prepare. Plus, most of the
Spicy Roasted Vegetable Medley
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is si
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Sauteed Green Cabbage With Onions
Delicate Napa cabbage is extremely rich in folate. It’s best eaten fre
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Slow Cooker Vegan Corn Chowder
This is a vegan and zingy version of a classic recipe that cooks up wo
Asparagus and Mushroom Puff Pastry Pie
A delicious pie with asparagus, mushrooms, garlic and hollandaise sauc
You might also like
Rate & Review