Thanksgiving: Old Fashioned Paradise Pumpkin Pie
cream cheese, softened
packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Cheesecake Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, then add vanilla extract and 1 egg. Beat mixture until light and smooth. Chill mixture for 30 minutes, then spread into pastry shell.
- To Make Pumpkin Layer: In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- To Make Pecan Streusel Layer: While pie is in oven, combine flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well, then add softened butter or margarine and stir until ingredients are combined. Mix in pecans.
- After pie has been in oven for 50 minutes, remove and sprinkle pecan streusel evenly over top. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire
This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided t
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
You might also like
Rate & Review