Long grain white rice
½ cup, uncooked
6 green bell peppers
2 (8 oz.) cans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add rice, and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the beef in a skillet and cook over a medium heat until evenly browned.
- Take bell peppers, remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes.
- Arrange the peppers in a baking pan so that the hollowed sides face upward.
- Combine the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can of tomato sauce and the next five ingredients (from Worcestershire sauce to pepper) in a bowl, mix well, and spoon some sauce into each pepper.
- Combine the rest of the sauce (1 can) and Italian seasoning in another bowl and pour the mixture over the peppers.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the peppers are tender. Baste peppers with the sauce every 15 minutes.
Send Spicy Stuffed Peppers to your friend via email
You might also like