Appetizer: Thai Basil Rolls with Hoisin-Peanut Sauce
round rice wrapper sheets
fresh Thai basil - leaves picked from stems
chopped fresh cilantro
chopped fresh mint
creamy peanut butter
chopped roasted peanuts
- Bring a medium stockpot of lightly salted water to a low boil. Cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes, or until opaque. Drain, allow to cool slightly, and pat dry with paper towel. Peel, devein, and slice in half.
- Bring another stockpot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pork at a low boil for approximately 10 minutes, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Allow to cool, and slice into thin strips.
- Again, bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until tender, stirring occasionally, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Strain, and rinse to prevent sticking.
- Fill a medium bowl with warm water. Dip each wrapper in water for about 30 seconds until soft and flexible. Lay wrapper on a flat surface, and place 2 basil leaves in center, side by side, about 2 inches from edge of wrapper. Lay 4 to 5 shrimp halves on basil, followed by a small amount of pork, then a small amount of noodles. Sprinkle with cilantro, mint, and top with bean sprouts. Starting at one end, roll the wrapper over once, fold both sides in toward center, and continue rolling as tightly as possible without tearing. The end result should be a roll approximately 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Warm hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Garnish sauce with chopped peanuts, if desired, and serve with rolls for dipping.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.