Probably the best chicken fried steak you’ll ever cook for your family and friends!
Beef cube steaks
4 (1/2 lb.)
1 ½ cups
Hot pepper sauce
2 cloves, minced
Vegetable shortening for deep frying
Ground black pepper
- Pound steaks so that they’re about 1/4-inch thick.
- Take a shallow bowl and place 2 cups of flour in it.
- Take another shallow bowl and combine the next four ingredients (from baking powder to salt) in it.
- Add the next four ingredients (from buttermilk to garlic) and stir well.
- Take a steak, dredge it first in flour, then in batter, and then in flour again. Repeat with each steak.
- Dredge all steaks with flour to make sure they’re completely coated with it.
- Take a deep cast-iron skillet, add shortening to it, and heat to 325° F/165° C. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until evenly golden brown.
- Cover a plate with paper towels and place steaks on it to drain.
- Drain fat from the skillet reserving ¼ cup of the liquid substance. Try to reserve as much of the solid pieces as possible.
- Start heating the skillet with the oil again on a medium-low heat; add the remaining flour use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan and release solid pieces.
- Add milk, stir well, raise the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Keep simmering for 6 to 7 minutes or until the gravy becomes thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon the gravy over steaks.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.