Breakfast: Tortilla de Patata (Spanish Tortilla)
red bell pepper, sliced into rings
fresh poblano chile pepper, sliced into rings
potatoes, peeled and sliced
eggs, lightly beaten
finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, cover with cold water, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so. Drain, pat dry, and season with salt.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion in butter until soft. Remove from pan, and set aside. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and bacon fat in pan, and fry the potatoes until crisp and medium brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Arrange the potatoes in a lightly-buttered, non-stick pan, preferably a deep, slope-sided skillet. Arrange the onions and peppers over the potatoes, and then spread cheese over the top. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with water, parsley, and salt and pepper; pour the mixture over the potatoes. Put the skillet in a larger pan with a half inch of water in it.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs set, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the tortilla, let cool, and loosen edges from the pan. Put a serving plate over the skillet, and flip the tortilla over onto the plate. Cut into small pie-shape wedges. Refrigerate until ready to serve; reheat if desired.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.