Appetizer: Veggie Delight on Garlic Bread
medium eggplant, cubed
medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
minced fresh oregano
minced fresh basil
- Place olive oil and garlic in a large skillet. Fry (stirring occasionally) over a medium heat until the garlic is golden brown; approximately 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and zucchini to the skillet, fry until the eggplant is brown and tender; approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato chunks to the skillet, stir the mixture until the tomato becomes a pulp. Mix in salt, oregano, and basil. Stir the entire mixture over the heat for 2 minutes, then remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Slice the bread into 12 (1-inch thick) slices. Distribute garlic powder and butter evenly over the top of each slice. Place the slices directly onto the oven rack (do not use a cookie sheet, the bread will get crisper this way). Let the bread heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and arrange them on a serving platter. Spread the vegetable mixture over the 12 bread slices, distribute the topping as evenly as you can. Serve immediately.
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mus
You might also like
Rate & Review