medium eggplant, cubed
medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
minced fresh oregano
minced fresh basil
- Place olive oil and garlic in a large skillet. Fry (stirring occasionally) over a medium heat until the garlic is golden brown; approximately 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and zucchini to the skillet, fry until the eggplant is brown and tender; approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato chunks to the skillet, stir the mixture until the tomato becomes a pulp. Mix in salt, oregano, and basil. Stir the entire mixture over the heat for 2 minutes, then remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Slice the bread into 12 (1-inch thick) slices. Distribute garlic powder and butter evenly over the top of each slice. Place the slices directly onto the oven rack (do not use a cookie sheet, the bread will get crisper this way). Let the bread heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and arrange them on a serving platter. Spread the vegetable mixture over the 12 bread slices, distribute the topping as evenly as you can. Serve immediately.
Send Veggie Delight on Garlic Bread to your friend via email
Tortilla Espanola (Spanish Tortilla)
Unlike most omelets, a Spanish tortilla is served at room temperature.
You might also like