The list if ingredients may be scary long, but the ample flavor of this lasagna is totally worth the trouble!
Sweet Italian sausage
Lean ground beef
1 can (28 oz.)
2 6-oz cans
Canned tomato sauce
2 6.5-oz cans
1 ½ tsp.
1 tbsp. + ½ tsp.
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add Italian sausage, ground beef, minced garlic and onion to a Dutch oven. Cook stirring over medium-high heat until fully cooked and well browned.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and water; stir well. Stir in sugar, fennel and basil, 1 tbsp. salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and half the parsley. Cover with a lid, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to make the mixture simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours; give an occasional stir.
- Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for about 8 minutes, Drain, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta with egg, the other half of parsley, and ½ tsp. salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Add about 1 ½ cups of the meat mixture to the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, spread evenly. Cover with 6 noodles. Spoon half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles, spread evenly. Cover with 1/3 Mozzarella slices.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of the meat mixture on top of the Mozzarella, sprinkle with 1.4 cup grated Parmesan.
- Repeat the layers: meat mixture, noodles, ricotta mixture, meat mixture. Top with the remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (brush it lightly with oil to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove foil, bake for 25 minutes more. Remove from oven, let cool slightly (about 15 minutes) and serve.
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
A beautiful two pan entree that'll please anyone who likes Italian sau
Best Ever Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast
Best tender and juicy pot roast you've ever eaten! Also great sliced u
Baked Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Fennel
This is a deliciously sweet and spicy baked rigatoni recipe that I whi
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long,
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This is an easy variation of a favorite. I used to prepare it the trad
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Beer Sausage with Onions and Pepper
This is an excellent recipe I came up with one day. Serve with some ni
Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
A light appetizer or dinner pizza that is sure to be a favorite!
Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket
Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks
Asparagus, Orange and Endive Salad
Raspberry vinegar is the key to this fruity tasting salad. Preparatio
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Outrageously Good Grapefruit Salad
'Outrageously Good?' I'm not kidding. So simple to make, but the combi
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Sauteed Green Cabbage With Onions
Delicate Napa cabbage is extremely rich in folate. It’s best eaten fre
Easy Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Simple sweet and sour topping for slow cooker pork chops.
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Favorite Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
A very simple Chinese stir-fry dish which is fabulous in taste. I saw
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
Caramelized onions give the flavor to these easy to make pork chops -
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
The Easiest Chicken Salad Ever
This is the best chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it is so
Restaurant-Style Chicken Tenderloins
I used to love the chicken tenderloins at a well-known restaurant chai
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
I had never tried Brussels sprouts before I tasted this recipe, and im
You might also like
Rate & Review