• Place orange into a small pan, cover with water, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the orange for 1+ hour until tender. Drain and let cool.
• Remove the pips from the cooled orange. Use a food processor to blend it to a smooth puree.
• Pre-heat oven to 350° F/180° C/ Gas Mark 4. Apply cooking spray to a 8 in springform cake pan.
• In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until pale and thick. Add almonds, baking powder and orange puree, fold in gently.
• Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Bake for about 45 minutes; use a skewer to check if the torte is ready. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
• Gently take the cake out of the pan (use the spatula to loosen the bottom and the edges). Transfer the torte onto a serving plate. Dust with golden icing sugar and cut into 12 wedges. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Pick your gift now!