This easy Strawberry Shortcake is super light and easy to make.
1 cup, plus more for brushing
2 1/2 cups, plus for dusting
1/3 cup, plus for sprinkling
8 tbsp, cut into 1-inch cubes, frozen
1 lb, hulled, sliced (for the filling)
Light brown sugar
1/4 cup (for the filling)
1 cup (for the filling)
2 tbsp (for the filling)
1 tsp (for the filling)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Whisk. Refrigerate.
- In a food processor, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Pulse until combined. Add the cubed butter. Pulse in the food processor. Add the heavy cream mixture. Pulse until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a floured work surface. Pat the dough out until it's about 1/2-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter (2 1/2-inch), make biscuits. Pat the remaining dough out to make it 1/2-inch thick. Then, make more biscuits (12 in total).
- Arrange 6 biscuits on the baking sheet. Brush with cream. Top with the remaining biscuits. Brush the tops with cream. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until puffed. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place the biscuits on a wire rack. Let them cool completely.
- To make the filling: Toss the berries with brown sugar (2 tbsp).
- In a bowl, beat heavy cream, sour cream, brown sugar (2 tbsp), and vanilla extract using a mixer until soft peaks appear.
- Split the cakes in half. Spread 1/2 of the filling on the bottom. Top with the berries. Then, top with the remaining filling. Next, place the biscuits on top. Serve and enjoy your classic Strawberry Shortcakes!
Read all reviews ()
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.