- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 pounds (1-inch thick) boneless, skin-on center-cut salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, cumin, salt, ginger, mustard, nutmeg, cayenne, allspice, and sugar; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse the salmon with cold water and pat dry. Lightly sprinkle the skin with the spice mix, then place the salmon skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining spice mix evenly over the salmon. Allow the salmon to come to room temperature, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the salmon with lime juice and roast in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. The salmon will still be rare when removed from the oven, but will continue to cook as it rests. After 15 minutes, wrap the fish tightly with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.