- cooking spray
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- Combine water, vinegar, 1/4 cup salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and rosemary in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add chicken wings, return to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove chicken wings with a slotted spoon to a cooling rack and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Mash garlic and a pinch of salt together in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Combine mashed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and bread crumbs; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.