- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (traditional variety)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice for avocado layer
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, flesh spooned out
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa (drain to equal 1 cup if salsa is especially runny)
- 3/4 cup sliced canned black olives, drained
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thin sliced scallion greens, green part only
- Mix beans, chiles, 1 Tb. of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. In a second small bowl, mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining 2 Tbs. lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to make guacamole. In a third small bowl, mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle with olives, then cheese. (Dip can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days) To serve, sprinkle with green onions.