(cooking time: 4 min; 12 servings)
- Round sourdough bread – 1 loaf (1 pound)
- Cheddar cheese – 8 slices (1 oz), or more, if desired
- Bacon – 3 slices
- Butter – ½ cup, melted
- Dry ranch dressing mix -1 tbsp
- While preheating oven to 350°F/180°?/Gas Mark, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until half-done (about 5 minutes); drain on paper towel; cut crosswise into ½-in strips.
- Cut the bread halfway through to make a checkerboard pattern. Fill the slits with cheese slices and bacon strips.
- Whisk ranch mix into melted butter. Spread over the bread; make sure it penetrates into the slits. Wrap the loaf tight in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove foil and return into oven to let get crisp (about 10 minutes). Optionally, you can brown the top of your pull apart bread under the broiler. Just make sure you remember about it – it will burn quickly!