(cooking time: 15 min + chilling; yields 2 ½ cups)
- Garlic – 2 to 3 large cloves
- Diced pimientos – 1 2-oz jar
- Sharp Cheddar – 3 cups, grated
- Mayonnaise – 1/3 to ½ cup
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Sliced baguette, toasted
- Mince garlic with a press over a large bowl.
- Add pimiento dice with the liquids, stir well.
- Add shredded Cheddar and 1/3 cup mayo. Season with black pepper.
- Stir until well combined, adjust the amount of mayo if the spread seems to be too dry.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Note: you can cook the spread up to 1 day ahead and keep it in the fridge. Remove from fridge and let sit till warmed to room temperature before serving.