- Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
- Red wine vinegar – 1 ½ tbsps
- Dijon mustard – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 1 small clove, minced
- Red onion – ¼ + ¼ cup, sliced thinly
- Kosher salt - to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Cannellini beans – 1 can (15 oz), drained, rinsed
- Italian tuna in oil – 1 can (7+ oz), drained
- Mint – 2 + 1 tbsps, sliced
- Rustic Italian bread – 6 slices, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk ¼ cup olive oil with vinegar, mustard and garlic until well combined. Add ¼ cup onions; toss to combine; put aside for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a large bowl; add the beans, mix well.
- In a food processor, pulse 1/3 of the mixture until smooth; spoon back into the large bowl; stir. Add tuna, another ¼ cup olive oil, and 2 tablespoons mint. Mix until the tuna is not chunky.
- Cut the toasts in half, arrange on a platter.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of tuna mixture onto each slice. Top with sliced red onions and mint. Serve.