(cooking time: 20 min; 6 servings)
- Popcorn kernels – ½ cup
- Canola oil – ¼ cup
- 1 lime – zest + juice
- Salt – 1.2 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp, melted
- Sriracha sauce – 1 tbsp
- Add popcorn kernels into a deep pot. Top with canola oil, mix until all kernels are well coated.
- Place over high heat and cover with a lid. Shake often to prevent popped corns from burning. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- When the sound of popping slows down almost completely, pour hot popcorn into a large bowl. Be careful! Season with salt and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice with melted butter and sriracha. Drizzle evenly over the popcorn; toss to evenly coat.