(40 min; 24 servings)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 24 1-in cubes
- Water chestnut – 24 slices
- Bacon – 8 thick slices, cut into 3 pieces
- Low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing 0 ½ cup
- Green onion – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Cooking spray
- While preheating oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5, line the bottom of the broiler pan with cooking foil. Top the section with the broiler rack sprayed with cooking spray.
- Assemble the rumaki wraps: top each pineapple cube with a slice of water chestnut, wrap the constructions in bacon, 1 slice per each, and fasten with a toothpick. Place wraps onto the broiler rack.
- Bake for about 7 minutes; turn upside down and go on cooking until the bacon gets almost crispy.
- Remove from oven, brush each wrap with salad dressing. Return to oven; broil till bacon is completely crisp (5 minutes more or so).
- Serve sprinkled with green onion.