These Baked pears make an elegant dessert that's easy enough to make for family dinners!
Medium-sized pears of any type
4, (or 8 small ones)
¼ - 1/3 cup
2-3 tbsp, chilled
Ground almonds, toasted
- Heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Peel the pears or not (if you’re sure they’re organic), cut them into halves and core.
- Take a roasting dish and put the pears in it (cut side up), sprinkle them with lemon juice and sugar. Place small dots of butter all over the fruit pieces.
- Add water to the dish and bake the fruit pieces for half an hour, then turn them over and bake for 30 more mins. Check if the fruit is ready sticking a knife into it – if it slips easily into its thickest part it’s time to take the dish out of the oven.
- Let the pears cool to room temperature.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and put the whipping cream in it.
- Cut the vanilla bean in halves and scrape its seeds into the whipping cream. Stir the mixture to make it homogeneous.
- Put the bean in the cream, cover the bowl and put in into a fridge for at least an hour.
- Pour the cream through a mesh strainer into a bowl, add mascarpone and espresso and beat the mixture on medium speed until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Keep beating on medium-high speed and add the sugar during the process. Continue until soft peaks are formed.
- Put a dollop of mascarpone cream on top of each pear half. Add cocoa powder or ground almonds (or both of the ingredients) to taste.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.