Although the dish requires some work it's surely worth it! Keep the recipe for your special occasion or cook it today!
Sweet Italian sausage
Lean ground beef
½ cup, minced
2 cloves, crushed
1 (28 oz.) can
2 (6 oz.) cans
Canned tomato sauce
2 (6.5) cans
Dried basil leaves
1 ½ tsp.
Ground black pepper
4 tbsp., chopped
¾ lb., sliced
¾ cup, grated
- Put the first four ingredients (from Italian sausage to garlic) in a Dutch oven and cook over a medium heat until well browned.
- Add the next four ingredients (from crushed tomatoes to water) and season the mixture with the next 6 ingredients (from sugar to pepper) and 2 tbsp. parsley.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 1 h. 30 min. Stir occasionally.
- Add water to a large pot, add salt, and bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add ricotta cheese, egg, 2 tbsp. parsley, and ½ tsp. salt to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish and spread 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce in the bottom of it.
- Arrange 6 noodles over the meat sauce lengthwise. Spread the noodles with a half of the ricotta cheese mix and top with 1/3 of Mozzarella slices.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of meat sauce over Mozzarella and sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Repeat the layers and top the dish with the rest of Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover the dish with foil making sure the foil doesn’t touch the cheese to avoid sticking.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then discard the foil and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Cool for 15 minutes before you serve the lasagna.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.