- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French baguette, cut into 1 inch slices
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in melted butter. Stir in apples and raisins until evenly coated. Pour into prepared pan. Arrange bread slices in an even layer over apples.
- In the bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pour over bread, making sure every slice is fully soaked. Cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove dish from refrigerator while the oven is heating. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove cover, and bake 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.