- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, and soda. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour batter into two greased 9x5 inch pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Upgrade your kitchen:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.