- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease the bottoms only of 12 muffin cups.
- Beat the milk, oil, lemon yogurt and egg together. Stir in the flour, white sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, lemon oil, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). For 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with glaze immediately and let cool on rocks.
- To Make Glaze: Stir the confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice and mix until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Add drops of milk if thinning is necessary.
Upgrade your kitchen:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.