- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbsps
- Pumpkin seeds - 2 tbsps
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsps
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 4 dried mutallo chilies, soaked in 9 fl oz of boiling water
- Cinnamon – 1/8 tsp
- 1 clove
- Bread – 1 slice
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Salted tortilla chips – 1 bag (300 g)
- Cheddar cheese – 1 cup (4 oz), grated
- Sour cream – for serving
- Pre-heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Fry pumpkin and sesame seeds, crushed garlic and onions for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the stalks from the mutallo chilies. In a food processor, blend together soaking liquid, 1 cup of water, fried mix, chilies, cinnamon, clove and bread until smooth.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sauce; stir constantly until it thickens and gets glossy.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the chicken and tortilla chips in an ovenproof pan. Cover with the sauce and sprinkle with cheddar. Grill until the cheese melts. Serve with sour cream.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.