(cooking time: 3 hr; 12 servings)
- Warm (110°F/45°C) milk – 1 cup
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Margarine – 1/3 cup, melted
- Bread flour – 4 ½ cups
- Salt – 1 tsp + 1/8 tsp
- White sugar – ½ cup
- Bread machine yeast – 2 ½ tsps
- Brown sugar – 1 cup, packed
- Ground cinnamon – 2 ½ tbsps
- Butter – 1/3 cups + ¼ cups, softened
- Cream cheese – 3 oz, softened
- Confectioner’s sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations to add all ingredients into the bread machine pan. Start the Dough cycle.
- When dough doubles in volume, transfer it to a work surface dusted with flour. Let rest. Meanwhile, mix brown sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll dough out to 16 by 21 inches big. Top the dough rectangle with 1/3 cup butter, spread evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and roll up. Cut the big roll into 12 small buns. Arrange them in a 9x13-in baking pan. Cover and let rise till doubled. While waiting, preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with ¼ cup butter, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar and salt. Remove buns from the oven, let cool till warm; top with frosting and serve.