(cooking time: 15 min; 1 serving)
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Garlic – 1 clove, mashed
- 2 garlic scapes, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Add butter to a small skillet; heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic (both the clove and scapes), cook until the scapes start to soften (2 min).
- Remove and discard clove; spoon the scapes into a bowl.
- Season beaten eggs with salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and melt another tablespoon of butter.
- Pour eggs into the pan; stir quickly to help eggs curd. Don’t forget to scrape the sides to ensure that eggs cook evenly.
- Add 1/3 ? the cooked scapes to the eggs, cook until the top is set. Tilt the pan and fold the omelet with a spatula.
- Transfer omelet to a plate, sprinkle with the remaining garlic scapes and serve.