(cooking time: 1 hr; 10 servings)
- 8 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Milk – 2 cups + 1 cup
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Canadian bacon – ¾ lb, dice ½-in thick
- 6 English muffins, diced ½-in thick
- Paprika – ½ tsp
- Hollandaise sauce mix – 1 .9-oz package
- Margarine – ¼ cup
- Apply cooking spray to a standard baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk with eggs, spring onions, salt, and onion powder.
- Add half the diced bacon to the baking dish, arrange evenly. Top with diced muffins and the other half of bacon. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and muffins; cover with plastic wrap, put into the fridge and go to sleep.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Remove the casserole from the fridge; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover the baking dish with foil; bake for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are almost set. Remove foil, bake till fully set (about 15 minutes more).
- Prepare hollandaise sauce in a saucepan by whisking the mix with 1 cup milk. Add margarine; stir frequently till the mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to low, let simmer and stir till the sauce thickens (1 minute).
- Drizzle the casserole with the sauce and serve.