(cooking time: 15 min; 2 servings)
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsps
- Irish sausage – 2 links
- Irish bacon – 4 slices
- 4 eggs
- Baguette – 2 5-inch-lon pieces, cut in half
- Ketchup or chutney – for serving
- Add 1 tbsp butter into a nonstick skillet, let melt over medium heat till it foams and subsides.
- Add sausage, cook for 3 minute, turning occasionally.
- Remove from heat onto a cutting board. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Transfer back into the skillet cut side down. Cook till thoroughly heated through and done – for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat onto a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Fry bacon in the same skillet till browned, turn once – a minute per side. Remove from heat and transfer onto the plate with sausage, cover with foil.
- Add the other tbsp butter into the skillet, let melt, foam and subside. Crack eggs, pour into the skillet, season with salt and pepper and fry the way you like your eggs, but don’t scramble. Cook until the whites are fully cooked and the yolks are just set.
- Use halved baguette to assemble sandwiches with bacon, sausage, eggs, and sauce, if desired. Serve warm.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.