(cooking time: 30 min + 3 to 8 hours for the batter; yields 12 crepes)
- Rice flour – 9 oz
- All-purpose wheat flour – 3 oz
- Turmeric – 2 tsps
- Water – 3 ½ cups
- Coconut cream – 1 14-oz can (can be replaced with coconut milk)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Scallions – 1 sprig, chopped into ½-in long pieces
- Shrimp – 1 lb, without heads
- Pork belly – 1 ½ lb
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- Bean sprouts – 1 lb
- Mustard greens – to taste
- Mint – to taste
- Vietnamese fish sauce, for dipping
- Combine all ingredients from rice flour to salt in a large bowl, set aside for 3 to 8 hours (better to be done in the evening to let stand overnight).
- Boil pork till fully cooked, slice thinly.
- Wash vegetables and bean sprouts.
- Add scallions into the batter.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add some onions, a few slices of pork and a couple of shrimps. Saute and stir until slightly browned.
- Add some batter. Swirl the skillet to help the batter spread evenly. Add more, if it did not cover the skillet.
- Top with bean sprouts and greens; cook under a lid for 2 minutes up to 3. Pass on to the next step when the batter is transparent around the edges.
- Remove lid; reduce heat to medium and cook the crepe until crisp. Fold one edge over the other in half. Serve immediately.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.