Cooked with cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, these cheese-stuffed arancini make a healthy snack!
Low sodium chicken broth
2 to 4 tbsp.
Raw cauliflower rice
Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup + more, for garnish
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese cubes
Plain bread crumbs
Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook until just browned. Add cauliflower, cook stirring until tender. If you see your cauliflower is too dry, add some chicken broth. Make sure that all of the liquid has evaporated before you start making the arancini because you won’t be able to shape balls if there is liquid.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, turn off the heat, but keep the skillet on the burner to keep your cauliflower warm. Add grated Mozzarella and Parmesan, keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from burner and let cool slightly, then stir in one egg until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop with a release mechanism or a plain tablespoon to scoop 3 tbsp. of the cauliflower mixture onto your palm. Squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place a square of plastic wrap onto the work surface. Place the squeezed cauliflower on top; flatten it with your palm. Place a cube of Mozzarella on top, then raise the sides of the plastic wrap to seal the cheese inside of the cauliflower. Shape the ball with the plastic wrap still covering the cauliflower, press tightly yet gently to make sure the ball holds its shape. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining Mozzarella and cauliflower.
- Break the remaining egg into a small bowl, beat lightly.
- Add breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip cauliflower balls into the egg, coating on all sides and shaking off the excess. Coat in breadcrumbs thoroughly and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Spray all the cauliflower balls with cooking spray and pop in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then increase the oven heat to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7, and bake for 10 more minutes or until well browned on all sides and crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with marinara.
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
If you love cheese and love potatoes you'll adore this delicious recip
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash
Vegetables, garbanzos, raisins and couscous in a lovely Moroccan broth
Sauteed Green Cabbage With Onions
Delicate Napa cabbage is extremely rich in folate. It’s best eaten fre
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mus
Spinach Pomegranate Salad with Feta
A very quick and nutritious salad made with pomegranate seeds and feta
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
Slow Cooker Vegan Corn Chowder
This is a vegan and zingy version of a classic recipe that cooks up wo
Spicy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, and barbe
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Asparagus and Mushroom Puff Pastry Pie
A delicious pie with asparagus, mushrooms, garlic and hollandaise sauc
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Breakfast ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these delicious crescent shape sa
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Strawberries
Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. T
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long,
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Slow Cooker Potatoes Baked in Soy Sauce
Slow cooker potatoes baked in soy sauce make an excellent garnish for
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Roasted Tomatillo and Garlic Salsa
Tomatillos, lots of garlic and spicy jalapenos charred under the broil
Slow Cooker Barbequed Pork for Sandwiches
This is always ready for tailgating and barbecues! I serve either on t
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Fantastic Halibut with Rice Wine
This is a great way to prepare halibut, cod, sea bass, or salmon. Ser
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
These Greek-style chicken burgers surprise with a feta cheese filling.
Okra, Chicken and Rice Casserole
The okra plant was brought to America's South by Ethiopian slaves. The
Orzo Salad with Feta and Tomato
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill
You might also like
Rate & Review