Cooked with cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, these cheese-stuffed arancini make a healthy snack!
Low sodium chicken broth
2 to 4 tbsp.
Raw cauliflower rice
Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup + more, for garnish
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese cubes
Plain bread crumbs
Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook until just browned. Add cauliflower, cook stirring until tender. If you see your cauliflower is too dry, add some chicken broth. Make sure that all of the liquid has evaporated before you start making the arancini because you won’t be able to shape balls if there is liquid.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, turn off the heat, but keep the skillet on the burner to keep your cauliflower warm. Add grated Mozzarella and Parmesan, keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from burner and let cool slightly, then stir in one egg until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop with a release mechanism or a plain tablespoon to scoop 3 tbsp. of the cauliflower mixture onto your palm. Squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place a square of plastic wrap onto the work surface. Place the squeezed cauliflower on top; flatten it with your palm. Place a cube of Mozzarella on top, then raise the sides of the plastic wrap to seal the cheese inside of the cauliflower. Shape the ball with the plastic wrap still covering the cauliflower, press tightly yet gently to make sure the ball holds its shape. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining Mozzarella and cauliflower.
- Break the remaining egg into a small bowl, beat lightly.
- Add breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip cauliflower balls into the egg, coating on all sides and shaking off the excess. Coat in breadcrumbs thoroughly and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Spray all the cauliflower balls with cooking spray and pop in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then increase the oven heat to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7, and bake for 10 more minutes or until well browned on all sides and crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with marinara.
You might also like
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.