Find your perfect traditional cheesecake recipe!
Graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup, melted + extra for the pan
4x8 oz packages, room temperature
1 ¼ cup + 2 tbsps
Pure vanilla extract
2 tsp, finely grated
3 + 1 egg yolk
Regular fat sour cream
1 ½ cups
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Stir cracker crumbs with sugar and butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the ungreased 9-inch springform baking pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Smear the sides of the pan with butter.
- Increase over temperature to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add 1 ¼ cups of sugar by small portions; remember to scrape the bottom and the sides of the mixing bowl often.
- Add cornstarch, vanilla extract and lemon zest; beat well.
- Lower the mixing speed and beat in the eggs, one by one. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl; add yolk and beat well again.
- Beat in ¾ cup sour cream.
- Pour the cheesecake over the cooled crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes; lower the temperature to 225°F/110°C/Gas Mark ¼ and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat; keep the cheesecake inside for 30 minutes, then crack the oven door open and keep it there for another half an hour.
- While the cheesecake is cooling down, stir the remaining sour cream with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Take the cheesecake out of the oven; spread the sour cream mixture on top.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely at room temperature; take it out of the pan (use a spatula to loosen the edges) and chill for 6 hours to 4 days. Serve cold.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.