The top two ingredients of this fruitcake are butter and rum and they make this cake so moist and delicious!
1/8 cup, chopped
1/8 cup, chopped
¼ cup, dried
2 tbsp., chopped
Packed brown sugar
¼ cup, chopped
¼ cup, divided
- Add the dried fruit (from cherries to currants) and canton to a large bowl, pour ¼ cup of rum in it, and soak the ingredients for not less than 24 hours, tightly covered, at a room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 325° F/165° C/Gas Mark 3.
- Prepare a 6x3 inch round pan and butter it or take a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Take another large bowl, add butter and brown sugar and cream the ingredients together until fluffy. Add the egg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the next four ingredients (from flour to cinnamon) and add this mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with milk and molasses.
- Add fruit and nuts, stir well, and place the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then use 2 tbsp. rum to sprinkle it.
- Cut out a piece of parchment paper and a piece of cheesecloth. The pieces should be large enough to wrap the cake.
- Use 1 tbsp. rum to moisten the cheesecloth, arrange it on top of the parchment paper, and place the cake on it.
- Sprinkle the upper part of the cake and its sides with the rest of rum, wrap the cheesecloth closely to the cake surface, and wrap them with paper.
- Put the cake in an airtight tin and leave it for at least 10 weeks. If you’re going to store it longer, add extra rum for every 10 weeks of storage.
Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire
This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided t
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
Absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may have heard this story...a woman asks to buy a cookie recipe an
Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I
Cranberry After-Christmas Turkey Sandwich
Sliced Maple Honey Turkey makes a great sandwich on whole wheat bread
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
Here's a scrumptious recipe that combines a blonde brownie and cheesec
Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
When planning your next brunch, keep this recipe in mind. It has shrim
Quick No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies were always served for school lunch. I got the recipe a
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Coconut Macaroons
This recipe has won many 1st place ribbons at my state fair. They are
Dijon Chicken Salad with Grapes
This chicken salad is wonderful and easy to prepare. Plus, most of the
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Leftover Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
This lends classic Asian flavors with an all-American twist. I suggest
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Breakfast ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these delicious crescent shape sa
Easy Slow Cooker Egg Casserole
Great recipe for our Thanksgiving brunch. It smelled so wonderful to w
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
Wild Blueberry Sauce with Citrus Juice
Made with wild blueberries, this sauce adds a zing with lemon juice, o
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving an
Divine Scallops in Wine Sauce
This is a fabulous and easy wine and butter sauce for seafood and vege
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Strawberries
Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. T
Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. This can be served o
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
These Greek-style chicken burgers surprise with a feta cheese filling.
Zucchini Bread with Blueberry
Blueberries and zucchini baked up into delicious little summertime bre
Slow Cooker Apple Cider with Citrus Fruit
A great warm beverage to serve on a cool autumn evening. Garnish each
6-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding
This pudding whips up in no time in your microwave... great for when y
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
I had never tried Brussels sprouts before I tasted this recipe, and im
You might also like
Rate & Review