(cooking time: 1 hr 5 min; 8 servings)
- Sweet potatoes – 3 lb, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Brown sugar – 1 cup, packed
- Cornstarch – 5 tsps
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1/8 tsp
- Apricot nectar – 1 cup
- How water – ½ cup
- Orange peel – 2 tbsps, grated
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Pecans – ½ cup, chopped
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of water; bring to boil over high heat. Turn heat down to medium-low, simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the cooker, let dry for a minute, set aside.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Also oil a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a sauce pan, mix sugar with water, cinnamon, salt, cornstarch, orange peel, and apricot nectar. Place over medium heat and bring to boil. Turn heat down to medium-low, let simmer for a couple of minutes while stirring. Once thickened, add butter and pecans, stir well.
- Transfer sweet potatoes into the baking dish, top with the sauce to evenly cover the potatoes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.