- 1 (1 pound) loaf white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 quart hot milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, pour hot milk over bread. Blend eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the bread mixture and blend well. Add raisins. Mix well.
- Melt the margarine and pour into a 9x13-inch pan. Pour bread mixture over margarine. Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.