- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup candied pineapple, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a tube pan with 2 layers of brown paper or parchment, and grease well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins, dates, cherries, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Stir until all fruit is coated.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter with the white sugar. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, and eggs; mix well. Stir in fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.