- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (such as Hershey'sŪ Special Dark)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies, or more to taste
- Combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, peppermint extract, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on medium-high until chips are melted, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture into an 8x8-inch silicone baking dish; top with crushed peppermint candies. Lightly press candies, using the back of a spoon, into chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set, 1 hour.