- All-purpose flour, sifted – 2 3/4 cups
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter, softened – 1 cup
- White sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 375°F /190°C/Gas Mark 5. In a bowl, stir together sifted flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour with baking soda and powder.
- Dust the working surface with some flour. Roll the dough and cut the circles with a help of a glass with a thin rim. Place the circles onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on the baking tray for two minutes before removing.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.